Hollie Beca nominated me for the Liebster Award!!
Thank you so much Hollie Beca!! I’ll be eternally grateful to you for the honor of this award.
I’ve been holding off on responding—one of the requirements—given that I found it quite difficult to identify bloggers with less than 200 followers who haven’t already been awarded this honor—another requirement. In case you are unfamiliar with the background of the Liebster Award, Lorraine Reguly did a really great job at outlining the details in this post. The gist is that it is given to up-and-coming bloggers by a blogger who has already been nominated for the award. Ultimately, there aren’t any winners but the benefit of accepting is promoting & supporting the blogging community—plus you are now able to decorate your blog with the medallion! Considering that there are a great many blogs to choose from, each with it’s own specialty and background, I think it important to accept and continue the tradition.
The rules vary from nomination to nomination, but for this particular nomination they are as follows.
· You must link back to the blogger/bloggers that nominated you.
· You must list 11 facts about yourself.
· You must answer 11 questions, given by the blogger that nominated you.
· You must then nominate 11 other bloggers, with less than 200 followers.
· Then give them 11 questions of your choice.
· You can't nominate the blogger than nominated you.
· You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
11 Facts About Me
1. Growing up, I was heavily influenced by heavy metal music—especially Guns N Roses. Sweet Child O’ Mine is my jam!!
4. I’ve lived in Vegas since 1990.
5. I went to five different elementary schools—one each year of elementary school—because the E.S.L. (English as a Second Language) program was mandatory (useless, but mandatory) and not readily available.
6. My favorite kind of books end with happy endings.
7. My first crush was Lou Diamond Phillips as Ritchie Valens in La Bamaba.
8. I love Latin dancing—especially salsa dancing.
9. My favorite singer-songwriter is Jewel.
10. The first blogger I followed was Native Minnow.
11. I’ve watched Gilmore Girls from beginning to end 4 times. Love the wit, light hearted humor, and romance.
1. How long have you been blogging for?
a. I’ve been blogging since May 18th of 2014.
2. What made you want to write about the things that you blog about?
a. I love event planning and I thought it would be great to not only feature lovely pictures of past events, but also to provide insight into the process as well.
3. What genre of music is your favorite?
a. Presently, I really enjoy listening to indie-alternative music. Popsugar posted a great list of indie wedding music I really enjoyed.
4. Do you have any hobbies?
a. I do! Reading & learning about photography are my current hobbies.
5. Do you have a favorite book?
a. This one’s a hard one…there are so many! If I absolutely had to choose just one, I would have to choose the Catcher in the Rye. It really had an impression on me.
6. What’s your favorite brand of makeup?
7. Who's your favorite blogger?
a. Marianne from Esme and the Lane Way. I love her photography and voice.
8. What’s your favorite film?
a. The Little Mermaid!
9. Favorite YouTuber? (if you have one)
a. Lily Pebbles! She’s just down to earth and shows a sweet demeanor.
10. Read a book or watch a movie?
a. Watch a movie!
11. Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years time?
a. With a newborn!
1. Kaley Margaret @ My Closet Life
a. From Kaley you can expect great fashion inspiration.
2. Angie @ Sailor July xo
a. Cofounder of the girl gang—Kirakira Bakudan Girls!
3. Piarve [Pee-R-Vay]. A name made up of a combination of her parents (french) names.@ Modiste Word
a. If you’re looking for some great book reviews and short stories, she’s the girl to turn to.
4. Rose @ Live in Bliss
a. Short peppy posts geared towards the lifestyle enthusiast.
5. Grace @ Foxlane Tales
a. She’s just getting back in the game and has a great new Q&A post.
6. Jade Bolton @ Mini Skirts & Mini Morals
a. A lover of the 60's, fashion, mod and music
7. Christine @ Curried Cantaloupe
a. If you’re a foodie, you’ll love Christine’s site! She has amazing recipes and pictures to go along with them!
8. Jace @ Run Jace Run
a. He has great style and pizzazz! Love his fashion blog.
9. Carrie @ Patience & Grace
a. Follow her family via a blog filled of lovely candid pictures.
10. @ Little Cotton Socks
a. She not only blogs but also designs phone cases.
a. Love this girl’s reviews and her blog is so gorgeous!
1. Where do you turn to for inspiration?
2. What is your favorite motivational quote?
3. In 2 words, describe your blog.
4. Which existing cartoon character most closely represents you?
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
6. What was your favorite class in high school?
7. What social media platform do you enjoy using the most?
8. What do you enjoy about it?
9. Which social media platform do you enjoy the least?
10. Why don’t you like it?
11. What is one piece of advice you’d give to a new blogger?
Again, Hollie--thank you!